Spring Virtual Weekend 2021
We are all sad that KAN Spring residential week could not go ahead, in full, for the second year running. However, we were delighted to offer a virtual weekend of events in its place.
You can peruse the full timetable of events, including session descriptions and contributor biographies in our brochure below. This was sent out to the students as a physical brochure in a residential care package, along with a Happy Self wellbeing journal, some snacks and a KAN facemask. We are looking forward to posting out some recommended books to students who attended particular sessions.
'I have found the weekend valuable as I’ve had a lot of support and reassurance of the options I have after y13. Inspirational speakers were a source of motivation and the extra-curricular options were very interesting and engaging.' KAN Student
From Friday afternoon to Monday evening 74% of our students logged-on for a whole range of inspiring and valuable sessions.
The students who completed the feedback from all agreed or strongly agreed that:
- The residential exposed them to new ideas and topics
- The lessons were interesting and well taught
- The work was set at the right level to challenge them
- They now feel more enthusiastic about their schoolwork
- They now have a better understanding of my options beyond school
- They are looking forward to the next residential