The Buffini Chao Discretionary Fund
With the generosity of the Buffini Chao foundation we are able to offer discretionary grants to current students and mentors.
Grants from the Discretionary Fund are for the purpose of:
- Paying expenses for students wishing to visit universities
- Enabling current mentors to access leadership courses
Eligibility and Requirements
- The applicant must be a current KAN student or mentor.
- If a student is applying for a grant to cover a university visit then either expenses will be paid once receipts are provided or the student may ask for the grant to pay for expenses, for example train tickets, directly.
- As well as applying for the grant to cover future university visits students may submit applications for retrospective expenses, so long as all receipts are provided.
- Mentors applying leadership courses must have identified a specific opportunity. If they have not yet been awarded a place, then they can ask to receive additional help with the application process for their leadership course. Grant money will be released once receipts are provided or will directly pay course expense.
- Successful applicants are required to write a short report about how they used the grant.
The deadlines for when we will consider applications for grants are below, any applications received will be considered at the next possible date:
- 5pm, 10 December 2020
- 5pm, 21 February 2021
- 5pm, 18 April 2021
Applicants must write a letter of request explaining how they will use the grant.
They must also complete this form, detailing:
- Whether or not the application is/will be a first-generation university student
- The applicant’s relationship and commitment to KAN
- The applicant’s aspirations for the future
- The amount being requested
- A breakdown of costs
- Whether the funding application is historical or for a future visit/course.
- If the latter, how and when money will need to be released.
All applications, and evidence of monies spent, should be sent to Director of KAN, Isla Phillips.